CZT

Due to the nature of our site, it is currently necessary for you to log in or register before it can be viewed in the correct sizing.
~Please do so now
CZT

Due to the nature of our site, it is currently necessary for you to log in or register before it can be viewed in the correct sizing.
~Please do so now
CZT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vargus's reviews

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vargus
Commodore (Admin)
Commodore (Admin)
Vargus

Vargus's reviews Empty
PostSubject: Vargus's reviews   Vargus's reviews EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:04 am

As egotistical as I may sound, I consider myself a fairly accurate aurthoritory on dart blasters. This being said I do own… 6-8 at last count, and to be honest its hard to keep track.

Name; maverick
Skill level needed; low to none
Skill level achievable; above average, this gun can still keep up even with somebody
of above average skill with dart blasters
Range; short, the dart will sufferer under the effects of gravity as soon as it leaved the barrel, this is called sink. It might not be noticeable at first, but in the hands of somebody who is more skilled it will be extremely noticeable, as you will have to aim above your target even at close range. 2/10
Rate of fire; assuming you learn your way around your weapon, you can achieve and impressive rate of fire with this gun, however I have noticed 8 out of 10 people misfire terribly when they first get this weapon. On a whole though I can’t mark it down due to that as its more of down to the failure of the user. 5/10
Accuracy; the ability to hit your mark again and again, now I plan even harder testing of all these weapons and I fear how the maverick will perform then too. That being said I am the designated marksmen of my squad and therefore have unnaturally high standards on this field. As such it gets 4/10
Moddability; yes, its all I can say it yes. The maverick is the undisputed king of modding ability. 10/10
Ammo storage; It holds six shots with is becoming the norm for guns. 5/10
Reloading; its reload speed is poor however its isn’t truly muzzle loading although it is similar and therefore easy to do. However it is semi awkward to reload unless modded. Unmodded it gets 4/10 however modded I’d give it 5.
Overall and Unmodded mind you! 3/10

Name; tek 10
Skill level needed; low to none
Skill level achievable; unrecorded, at best estimates same as the maverick
Range; with its original ammo it was rage from poor to good. However it can be fitted with streamline darts giving it just slightly better range the maverick. 3/10
Rate of fire; despite its better range to a maverick it’s fitted with shockingly short cocking mechanism, meaning that it can give out a high rate of fire. 5/10
Accuracy; less effected by sink then the maverick although though lack of a functional sight I only gave this gun a 4/10
Moddability; there are few mods available and they only give the expected benefits. 5/10
Ammo storage; the tek10 takes unsurprisingly 10 darts that’s a whole 4 more than most opponents when going into a dog fight.8/10
Reloading; although having more chambers it doesn’t hamper in reloading as its fully muzzle loading. 7/10
Overall 4/10

Name; speed loader
Skill level needed; moderate
Skill level achievable; advanced
Range 5/10
Rate of fire; It has a long cocking mechanism (please keep jokes to yourself) however its well placed. 7/10
Accuracy; can be deceptively accurate in the right hands 7/10
Moddability; now I may be argued about this but in my opinion the speedloader is not an easy gun to mod and has a very limited number of mods available. 3/10
Ammo storage; 8 darts instead of 6 giving a 2-dart advantage. 7/10
Reloading, read the name. 7/10
Overall 7/10

Name; recon
Skill level needed; below average
Skill level achievable; moderate
Range 5/10
Rate of fire; 6/10
Accuracy; the sight system takes getting used too but does however work. 7/10
Moddability; only two practical mods are available.4/10
Ammo; only takes streamline darts and each clip hold six 5/10
Reloading… now if you have spare clips its lighting fast and would get a 8/10 maybe nine… but without those extra clips, it can’t be given more then 2/10
Overall 6/10… more if you have spare clips

Name longshot
Skill needed; moderate
Skill achievable advanced
Range 9/10
Rate of fire; 3/10
Accuracy; 9/10
Moddability… with the right mods, this blaster can no longer be called a longshot but must be known simply as the weapon of the gods. However those mods are hard to do and reduce the lifespan of the blaster noticeably. As such 5/10
Ammo; see recon
Reloading; see recon
Overall, I have to be honest and say the truth; it’s a bad gun. Hear me out. Its impractical its over sized and its only real skill is at range. That now said, it’s a great gun… the second you pick it up you find you’re self smiling and you can’t help but like it. It is almost a weapon beyond being a simple blaster… It is a psychological weapon just like the Vulcan and the raider tries to achieve that too and succeeds to some degree. The point is holding this weapon give you and your team a confidence boost and helps shake the moral of any one who is facing the other end of the exceedingly long barrel. Overall?… 8/10

Name Vulcan/havock
Skill needed; little
Skill achievable… little
Range low 4/10
Rate of fire; god like 10/10
Accuracy; disappointing 3/10
Moddability; few mods… little to nothing is gained 1/10
Ammo; not enough, it doesn’t match the rate of fire however it is still high 9/10
Reloading… it isn’t that bad actually 5/10 if you have extra belts
Overall… It’s a bad gun. Its impractical oversized and only real skill is laying down cover, but it does that well almost too well. As such its also a status symbol for your enemy’s to fear as it will defeat them as well as the fear in your own squad. A Vulcan user doesn’t need to be skilled just determined and they could turn the tide of battle just by their presences without having to fire a single shot. Overall 8/10
Back to top Go down
http://... errm this?
Accipitral
Conrad
Conrad
Accipitral

Vargus's reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vargus's reviews   Vargus's reviews EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Shocked show off!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Noll
First Commander
First Commander

Vargus's reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vargus's reviews   Vargus's reviews EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:46 am

Vargus wrote:
Moddability; now I may be argued about this but in my opinion the speedloader is not an easy gun to mod and has a very limited number of mods available. 3/10

You anticipated incorrectly!
It's true, the bugger all you can do to it without power tools and the only thing you can do that doesn't risk killing your gun is removing the air restrictors. Aside from that there are a couple of mods that could be done, and some might be quite nice, but they are extremely difficult and risky, so there's not really any point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vargus's reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vargus's reviews   Vargus's reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Vargus's reviews
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CZT :: Info Board :: The Armoury :: Weapon reviews-
Jump to: